FlowPress is hiring a full-time, Senior WordPress Developer to join us in working with great clients to Make WordPress Better. If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your natural creativity, leadership and problem solving skills with your love of clean code and WordPress, then this might be the position for you.
- Code isn’t just poetry, it’s love
- You love GIT
- When you fork, it’s not just food
- You’ve worked with teams in a scrum or agile environment
- You love clean, standardized code, understand the need for highly performant websites and what to measure.
Utility Tools / HTML Structure
- You tinker with build systems like Gulp, Grunt and generally love automation
- You understand deployment processes & automated integration tests and it’s possible you’ve had some experience with tools such as Strider-CD, Circle CI, or Jenkins
- You have the urge to convert CSS to SASS or LESS
- You have experience with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, and JS frameworks like React and Angular
- You use filters and hooks to manipulate WordPress and don’t mix logic with templates unnecessarily.
- You know why you don’t ever put direct links to JS or CSS files within the header.php file.
- You’ve written plugins so you DRY.
- You’ve looked into WordPress Core and have a solid understanding of how the stack functions. You are confident that when you see a blank white screen staring you in the face what you should attempt first.
- You’ve dealt with WordPress websites that don’t perform up to par and crash servers under heavy load.
- You know what it means to profile a PHP app
- You’re familiar with WordPress database structure and could update a post and it’s meta data without the UI.
- You're Gut en Ready to get started!
- You don’t mind communicating with clients and are willing to work directly with them if necessary.
- You have a good understanding of user experience both on the front end and back end
Position type: Full Time Remote
Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000 CDN plus extended health/dental for you and your family, profit sharing bonuses, cell phone, computer hardware and internet allowances and more.
- Wordpress: 5 years
- Php: 5 years
If you think you might be a fit, please send your resume and/or a link to your GIT repository along with a brief cover letter or email to ben[at]flowpress.com