Since 2005, over 300,000 websites have used Crazy Egg to understand how their audience experiences their website and their product. We are pioneers in data visualization and in helping businesses get immense value quickly and accurately from incredibly large data sets. That's what we love to do. We are looking for a Product Designer with strong UX and UI skills to help build on that foundation and take our product experience to the next level.
Crazy Egg Product Designers care about the customer experience, and do what it takes to bring that experience fully to life. You work directly with clients to determine their needs and work across the team through prototyping/development. You design user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes. You get your hands dirty doing everything from icons and logos to QA’ing final work and assisting with acceptance testing. You make sure what you discovered and designed, is delivered.
A successful team member at Crazy Egg is:
- Direct, undeniable, customer impact. We have incredible customers that we're grateful for and we believe the best teammates are the ones who, regardless of function or discipline, are eager and excited to find a way to connect their work directly to customers.
- Independent and interdependent. You are fully trusted as a full owner of the work you do; self-determined, responsible, accountable, and celebrated. With that freedom, you acknowledge, a broader social context. We work together, we partner, we collaborate, and we make sure the work we take on and hand off is done thoughtfully and with care.
- Assuming positive intent. All outcomes may not be what we desired, what we expected, or what we needed. But they happened because people take chances and are willing to make decisions. We assume people try their hardest and try their best, we assume their actions started with the most positive of intentions. Every conversation, assessment, piece of feedback, starts with that assumption, on both sides. This ensures our team is built on a foundation of trust.
- Caring and inclusive; sincerely. We work at Crazy Egg because we believe in the opportunity, we believe in the vision, we believe in our people, and we believe in our ability to build something wonderful. It is those beliefs that also mean we care about the market, we care about the vision, we care about each other, and we care about building something wonderful. When all of this falls into place, our customers are able to build better businesses and succeed.
A successful Product Designer at Crazy Egg has:
- The ability to work across the organization (Product Leadership, Engineering, Growth) to develop new experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing ones.
- The knowledge of a thoughtful, balanced customer research process required to balance clear customer feedback with intuiting and addressing the unsaid or unwritten.
- The passion to take a project from high-level concept (business requirements or functional requirements) through to implementation ready designs. Your ability to move seamlessly from InVision to Sketch to the Front End is standout.
- The expertise on the expected (current web standards, original designs, rapid prototyping, responsive design, cross-screen/cross-device) with a commitment to staying abreast of emerging UX and UI trends as a way to keep making your work and our customer’s experience, more helpful.
- The willingness to participate in project planning (scoping, estimating) and project review (QA, post-mortems) showcases your desire to keep improving how we work together and what we deliver to our customers.
A successful applicant for this position typically has:
- 3+ years experience in a product design role.
- 2+ years experience using qualitative & quantitative customer research to inform design direction.
- 2+ years experience with the tools required for rapid prototyping and iterative design.
- Previous remote working experience.
- Motivation to work for a company that is bootstrapped, self-funded, and profitable for 14 years.
A successful applicant would likely have some but not all of the following:
- Working in a startup environment
- Working on applications that process large volumes of data and/or receive high volumes of traffic
- Passion or desire to become more active with Front End Engineering and Development.
As a Crazy Egg team member here’s what you’ll become a part of:
- We believe in building the best team possible, regardless of geographic location. Our team is fully remote and we believe in working where you’re the most productive and happiest.
- We have full trust in you and believe in finding a good balance. Work should be a marathon, not a sprint, and so we offer flexible paid vacation.
- We believe in supporting your growth and opportunity. Crazy Egg was founded 14 years ago by accomplished founders Hiten Shah and Neil Patel. If you are looking to learn what it takes to one day break off on your own and start your own startup, this is a good opportunity for you.
Direct applicants only. No recruiters or agencies please.
Please send an email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following: 1) A link to your portfolio and resume. 2) Some background on why you want to work for Crazy Egg. 3) A quick overview of your favorite product from a design standpoint, and why.